1) Tell about yourself in exactly twenty words.
I make movies. I help other people make movies. I'm obsessive, relentless, and demanding of myself. I like Eli a lot.
2) How did you get involved in ‘A Note to Etienne’?
Eli volunteered his services in the art department when I made my film Love Sick Love. It seemed only fitting that I do what I could to help him make his project. I volunteered my camera equipment.
3) Have you ever worked on a foreign film before? What was it like working on a french film? Write something in French (without looking it up!)
I worked as executive producer in a similar capacity on a separate short film called Sandwich Shop directed by David Haskell which was also in French. It was a fun project to shoot because it was almost entirely one shot and included some serious dolly moves.
4) What project(s) are you working on next?
I’m currently running my production company Goat Milk Fudge Productions. Along with working on a slate of productions as a producer and DP, I’ll be directing a new short entitled My Anne Frank soon.
5) If you could have created any film past or present and claim it as your own, what would it be? And why?
Excalibur by John Boorman. Every time I watch it I learn something about myself.