1) Tell about yourself in exactly twenty words.
I am a New Mexican and those from New Mexico are probably the only ones who will understand this term.
2) How did you get involved in ‘A Note to Etienne’?
It was by accident, Eli had asked if I could assist in casting his film since I had been managing actors for several years. While helping Eli cast his film, we were brainstorming on the style of the characters. The brainstorming developed into my involvement as the costume designer.
3) Have you ever worked on a foreign film before? What was it like working on a french film? Write something in French (without looking it up!)
I have worked on a forgeign documentary for the BBC as a Set Dresser. I spent the whole entire time in 110 + degree heat for a couple of weeks it was torturous!
It was fun working on a French film because you could take the wardrobe to another level. The French wear clothing that fit their personality so there is a lot of thought into their look but at the same time it is very effortless and natural. Because the characters were French, I was able to play a lot more with color, textures, patterns, and accessories. It was very playful and whimsical!
As my cousin would say,"Yes I speak French... Champaign!"
4) What project(s) are you working on next?
I will be working again with Eli Benavidez on his next short tentatively entitled, A Boy's Life.
5) If you could watch one TV show for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
The Cosby Show hands down and do watch it quite often!