Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Questions w/ Allison Vanore


The Producer

1) Tell about yourself in exactly twenty words.

Storyteller of all types. Particular about logistics but able to toss it all to the wind and have fun. Wink.

2) How did you get involved in ‘A Note to Etienne’?

I have known and worked with the director, Eli, for quite a few years. We both attended UofA and we worked together at the campus television station, UATV. When Eli began developing scripts and getting excited about shooting again I was definitely enthusiastic about being involved. Eli is a great writer and so much fun to be around and work with that it was a given. When Eli asked me to produce I said yes right away.

3) Have you ever worked on a foreign film before? What was it like working on a french film? Write something in French.

I haven't worked on a foreign film before however I've worked on films with no dialogue and so this production was a lot like that for me. With most films and with good actors you don't even need to know what it is they are saying specifically to get the feeling and the impact of what is happening in a scene. Isabelle and Lukas were so telling in their delivery, their expressions, their pauses, their eyes, that I didn't need to understand the words.

4) What project(s) are you working on next?

I'm currently finishing production on a feature romantic comedy Hopelessly in June, I'm about to jump back into production on webseries, SOLO The Series, and I'm working with Eli on a new short film, A Boy's Life. All super exciting projects - can't wait to share them with the world!

5) What fictional character are you most like and why?

Out of all fictional characters ever, across all mediums, times and genres?! Leave it to you to ask such a difficult question! Mary Poppins. She comes in, organizes everything, pulls the things you need out of a big bag and then, when that's all in order, you can finally have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment